I recently won a giveaway prize from Eat. Drink. Shrink that was a specialty product made by Coracao Confections. If you’re not familiar with them, they make some of the most decadent-sounding and looking treats made with raw and natural ingredients. I couldn’t wait to experiment with their Salted Almond Caramel Spread, especially in an ultra-rich holiday shake. If you’re curious about the ingredients in this spread, they are Organic Raw Cashew Butter, Organic Raw Almonds, Organic Coconut Sugar, Organic Raw Agave, Organic Yacon Syrup, Organic Raw Cacao Butter & Himalayan Crystal Salt. If you’re interested in trying some for yourself (trust me, it’s worth it), order from their online store.
This protein shake also features Chameleon Cold Brew, one of my favorite fair trade and organic cold brew coffee concentrates. I love putting some of this into a smoothie because it doesn’t take much, and you can get a nice coffee-flavor and caffeine boost. Coffee smoothies and shakes are one of my favorite ways to enjoy coffee because I don’t get as jittery and it’s a nice way to combine breakfast with your morning cup. Speaking of Chameleon Cold Brew, I’m actually doing a giveaway over on my instagram for a bottle of their black coffee concentrate and a signature pint class (the Deadline is the end of the day on Thursday 10/30). For more details on how to enter, you can find out HERE.
Are you ready for a break from all the Pumpkin Spice treats of the season? Why not try a Salted Caramel Mocha shake? This is different than your standard milkshake or frozen coffee drink though. You won’t find any dairy or any weird chemical-ingredients in here, and thanks to Sprout Living’s Chocolate Maca powder, you get a protein boost too! Put down the frappuccino and make one of these for a rich, post-workout treat (Or for breakfast, no judging here)!
- 1 cup vanilla non-dairy milk (I used coconut)
- 2 scoops Sprout Living Chocolate Maca protein powder
- 2 medjool dates, pitted and soaked beforehand
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 heaping TBS Coracao Confections Salted Caramel Almond Spread (or other nut butter)
- pinch of salt
- handful of ice
- Vegan caramel sauce and sea salt (such as Sweet Ritual's) for optional garnish
- Blend all the ingredients until well combined. Add extra sweetener if needed. Top with vegan caramel sauce and sea salt.
- If you are using an alternative chocolate plant-based protein powder, just add once scoop if that is the serving size along with 1/2-1 tsp maca powder.